Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy Anniversary Goldie!

Happy One Year Anniversary to my Goldie!

One year ago this very tiny, very cute and very pregnant cat walked into our lives. I named her 'Goldie' because of her lovely golden eyes!



Within two days, Goldie had two kittens. She kept them hidden for the first several weeks. After she let us near the kittens, it was great fun watching them grow and explore. They look so much like Goldie!





When they were nine weeks old, the two adorable kittens were adopted by a young couple who post pictures of the kittens on Facebook. The two kittens are now full grown cats named Avocado and Twilight.

After her kittens were adopted, I decided to keep Goldie; she is the sweetest most gentle cat I've even met! I gradually trained her to be an indoor cat. When the mobile-cat-spay-clinic came through town, I had to cancel her appointment as she was vomiting. Little did I know it was 'cat morning sickness' (my silly joke). Goldie was getting a bit heavier but I thought it was due to the change of being indoor. I did not know she had been out with a local tom cat until it was too late.


Here is Goldie in my garden before she became an indoor cat.


When I moved at the end of last July, it was a hectic time. After getting resettled I realized that miss plump Goldie was actually very pregnant! Here she is looking like a balloon with fur.




During the early morning hours of August 13th, Goldie had FIVE kittens in one of my drawers.














My grandkids named them:Daisy, Sally, Sammy, Sunny, Tomas (prior to knowing what sex the kittens were).


Yellow tabby, Sunny, was adopted first. The adopting family renamed him Tiger as he was male. Oh, I cried after he left with his new family. Then Sammy, Sunny and Tomas (the three dark tabby striped kittens) were adopted out. And I cried after they were gone! Since it was October, everyone said NOT to adopt out Sally the black cat. So Sally remained with me. (Synchronicity at work.) Soon it was obvious that Sally was a male and I promptly renamed him Max in honor of the "Where the Wild Things Are" movie.

During October Max worked his way into my heart and I decided to keep Max, the last of Goldie's kittens. He is so sweet and such a clown! Here is Max as a tiny kitten.





Group photo of dog.Zorra, Goldie and Max last October.


Max and Zorra napping together.


And here is a photo of Max now. Max is about three times the size of his mom, Goldie, who has remained very petite.


Goldie being a love bug on my lap, interfering with work of course.


Here she is, my beautiful sweet Goldie!


I am so very happy that Goldie and her son Max are part of the family!

Until next time, enjoy springtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment