Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy*New*Year

“It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.” ~Henry David Thoreau

One of my favorite pastimes when I can get away, is going for long hikes 'in the wild' with Zorra my wonder-dog and my camera.

The words in the above quote from Thoreau express what is in my mind, heart and spirit on my hikes. I love capturing pictures of what I see with my heart or with my spirit, although they do not always translate quite the same onto print.

I have a series of photographs taken along a lake while the water levels were very low. What was there, in reality, were tree stumps and branches along the shoreline that had previously been underwater. However, with my heart I saw Mysterious Creatures swimming to the shore, Creatures wandering on the beach and crawling back into the forest.

Over a long period of time I have worked with these photos trying to fine tune that translation with photo editing programs. Finally, I feel like I am getting closer to matching the 'print' to the vision that is still alive in my heart.

Here are some sets of before and after photographs I have been working on.

















I also have been working on enhancing photos of little scenes in the different forests, along the various lakes; scenery needing colors added to bring out the magic. Here are a few of these photos of mine.











Once I am happy with the 'fine-tuning' I'll then have to decide how to present my enhanced photos to sell on my websites.


Wishing all of us great success with our New Year's Resolutions and New Year's Projects!
~Peace and Love~
~ Gilannie ~

3 comments:

  1. I love where you are going with these shots. So magical and mysterious. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gilannie -

    Isn't it great when our work and our play entertwine! :)

    Blessings,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gilannie -

    Isn't it great when our work and our play are intertwined! :)

    Blessings,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete