Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome to February!

~Happy Groundhog Day~

Happy Groundhog Day! Here in Georgia our famous groundhog, General Lee, made his prediction this morning for an Early Spring! Punxsutawney Phil, the Pennsylvanian groundhog, also predicted an Early Spring this morning!

Personally I always wish for a prediction of 'early' spring. By this time every year I am so ready to once again dig in the dirt, plant and nurture seedlings and watch my garden grow.

Yesterday I saw Daffodil Leaves emerging from the ground, leaves already 3"-5" tall. Also there are little sprouts of bee balm, lemon balm and mint in my container garden! The sight was quite amazing considering the unusual freezing weather and highly unusual inches of snow this winter.





In anticipation of the arrival of Spring, I am working on new Jewelry pieces perfect for Spring; pieces that contain the Colors, the Magic of Springtime.

Spring, my favorite time of year! Song birds return filling the air with music! Leaves and buds sprout making 'spring green' the foremost color of the day. A Magical time of year. I hope that Magic is captured in my New Jewelry. Here are the first new items:

Springtime Bluebird Necklace Handmade


My Lucky Penny Charm Good Luck Necklace Handmade



Blue-Green Victorian Pendant Pearl Choker Necklace Handmade


Butterfly Rebirth of Spring Bracelet Handmade


Bird of Spring Cloisonne Necklace Handmade


Amethyst Jade Fluorite Angel Necklace Handmade



Spring will arrive at the right time. Until then I will be patient, make plans for my garden, create new Jewelry and enjoy the Magic of every day.

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." — Roald Dahl

Happy February! ~Gilannie~

No comments:

Post a Comment